EarthCare Workshop "Controlling the Variable Cost of Home Energy Savings"
This event has already happened.
WHEN: Saturday November 17th 2018 10:00 – 2:00
WHERE: City of Chattanooga's Greenway Farm
REGISTRATION REQUIRED – Email email@example.com or call (706) 278-3979 or visit http://earthcareonline.org/fall-workshop.html.
"The Lord God took the man and put him in the Garden of Eden to work it and take care of it." (Genesis 2:15)
As Christians, we believe that we should responsibly care for those things over which we have been given dominion. One way to do this is by practicing sustainable energy use and building techniques in our homes, schools, churches, and businesses.
Our workshop leader Jeff Maxwell has been employed for many years with Home Depot and is an expert in the area of home energy use and energy efficient home construction and remodeling materials and techniques.
These topics and more will be covered in this workshop:
• How to do an energy audit of your home using a kilowatt tester
• What products at very low cost can you employ to save energy within your home
• The impact of phantom draw and its effects on energy
• What to look for when shopping for windows or insulated siding
• How local building practices can negatively impact energy use
• The difference between passive and non passive savings in relation to energy
Bring your questions about home energy use! Jeff will gladly answer questions from participants during and after the workshop.
Since seating is limited, please register as soon as possible.
Please visit http://earthcareonline.org/fall-workshop.html for more info including workshop schedule and directions to Greenway Farm.
**The above event(s) information is user submitted. Although this site will do everything in its control to maintain the most current information, those dates, times, locations, etc. may change. Please refer to venue website or contact them to ensure correct information.