6 Week Class: Learning Soft Pastels with Karen Reader
This event has already happened.
Where: Hamilton Place Mall
Time: 10:30 AM- 12:30 PM
Fee: $150.00 + Materials
This is going to be a fun, laid-back class teaching the basics of how to use soft pastels. This class will be beginning to intermediate level. We will first create a base drawing, and then I will show you how to use soft pastels to create beautiful art. I will teach techniques on how to layer pastels, how to mix color, how to use perspective and light, and how to create effects. I will show you a demo on how to mount your pastel drawing, to temporarily keep it safe, until you decide to display it. During this six-week long class, we will create a work of art with soft pastels. We will be doing one brightly colorful drawing of a Winter Sunrise over the Ocean. The subject matter will be cheerful and be something that you would enjoy displaying in your house.
List for Pastel Class-January 2019 •
1 Faber-Castell or Rembrant set of Soft Pastels-48 Count or larger SUGGESTED OPTIONAL SEPARATE COLORS: (REMBRANDT BRAND HAS THESE COLORS AND NUMBERS)
IF YOU HAVE HAD MY CLASS BEFORE, CHECK AND SEE WHAT YOU ALREADY HAVE BEFORE BUYING EXTRAS. •
Ultra -Marine (Lightest)-#505-10 •
Ultra-Marine #505-3 •
Prussian Blue#508-3 •
Cinnabar Green Deep-#627-3 •
Cinnabar Green Deep #627-10 •
Phthalo Green #675.3 •
Bluish-Grey (Pale)#727-10 •
Raw Umber (Deepest Color) #408.3 •
Lemon-Yellow (Pale)#205-12 •
Permanent Red (Pale)#318-9 •
Green-Grey #709.7 •
Green Grey #709.10 •
• 1 Sheet of Pale Blue-Colored or Pale Grey Canson Mi-Teintes Pastel Paper
1 18"BY 24" PAD OF 80 LB. STRATHMORE PASTEL PAPER (Not required, but if you think you might want extras or do more Pastel Drawings later, A good idea for purchase.)
1 Pad 0f 16" by 20" Tracing Paper (Larger is OK, but do not go smaller.)
• 1 X-Acto Knife
• 1 Roll of Art Tape or Painter's Tape (Cheaper but will work)
• 1 Can of Krylon Workable Fixative
• A Cheap Pack of Mechanical Pencils with Extra Leads
• Good Eraser (I suggest a Kneaded Eraser, but if you have one you like it's OK. (Mechanical Pencil Erasers are Terrible)
• Old Rags (Old socks work great)
• 1 24" Ruler I will do a demo on mounting the last day of class.
The items below are to be purchased and brought to class the last day, ONLY IF YOU WANT TO MOUNT YOUR DRAWING IN ORDER TO STORE IT DURING CLASS. Some people choose to do it at home later.
• 1 16" by 20" White Art Board
• 1 Roll 0f Clear Packaging Tape
• 1 16" by 20" Mat Board (Cut to fit a 11inch by 14inch Pastel Drawing -Color of choice)
• 1 Sheet of Clear Acetate 18" by 24" in size
• OPTIONAL: ONE ROLL OF CLEAR ACETATE INSTEAD OF SHEETS
**The above event(s) information is user submitted. Although this site will do everything in its control to maintain the most current information, those dates, times, locations, etc. may change. Please refer to venue website or contact them to ensure correct information.