The Chattery Presents: Understanding Menstruation for Teens and Preteens
This event has already happened.
In this workshop Coming of Age Girls will learn:
- The release of negative associations made with monthly menstruation
- Appreciation for the natural cycles of life reflected within the female experience
- Physiology of the Uterus
- Daily/Monthly practices to celebrate and embrace the sacredness of the body
- Self love & Body appreciation
- The 4 phases of the menstrual cycle in relation to the seasons and the moon
- Mindful practices to embrace & celebrate their female intuition and body
- How daughters and mothers (or other female family members) can grow stronger in their bond as well as with other women in their "inner circle"
- Menstrual product options currently on the market - each one will be presented and explained
Parents must stay the duration of the workshop. Parents are welcome to attend the beginning of the class, and will be brought back in at the end. During the class, parents will learn more about Moms for Social Justice and The Chattery. This workshop is open to girls aged 9 to 13.
This class is in partnership with Moms for Social Justice and The Chattery.
**The above event(s) information is user submitted. Although this site will do everything in its control to maintain the most current information, those dates, times, locations, etc. may change. Please refer to venue website or contact them to ensure correct information.